The Panasonic HDC-TM300
This new baby was launched last week. Needing a High Definition video camera to record on the new AVCHD format, I selected this model because it is the best at the moment. I chose this over my other favourite brand, the Sony. Panasonic have taken this model as their flagship and with advanced features in technology, they made it affordable too. This left Sony way behind!!!!
The main plus points are as follows:-
1) Full Solid State Recording without any (HDD) Hard Disk Drive. It is on SDCard.
2) 3xMOS 1/4.1" Sensors. That means three sensors. Not one!
3) Optional Manual Controls for focusing, zoom, aperture,shutter speed & white balance!
4) Zoom microphone control including Dolby5.1 System.
5) Leica Dicomar lenses with 12x Optical Zoom
6) Full High Definition 1920x1080 AVCHD format.
7) 10.6 megapixels still picture recording.
8) HD Crystal Engine.
9) Ultra small in size and weigh only 385 gms (less battery)
It will take a while to build-up my HD footage and will be featuring some clips on You Tube in HD format soon.
As for shooting birds in the wild, this time in HD video, I am planning to marry this camcorder to the Swarovski STS 80 HD Spotting Scope. This is really getting up close and personal!
It is gonna be a lot of work!